Aug 25, 2010

Living Pictures

A co-worker of mine found out about an event hosted by the Dunlop Art Gallery, asked me if I would enter, and so I said sure.Apparently this is an age-old tradition for people to re-create paintings, but I had never heard of it before. There were prizes to be had - four judged prize categories that I can't recall, plus the "people's choice award" - which the public passer's-by could vote on. This is the painting we decided to "interpret." It is by Lucas Cranach the Elder, and was painted in 1526.There were eight entrants in the competition this year, and we had to have our living painting on display from 4:30-6:00 in Victoria Park. Next time, we will choose a painting where our hands aren't in the air for and hour and a half!
We were the winner's of the people's choice award, and each received a $50 gift certificate to the downtown mall. Also, if you live in Regina, be sure to watch CTV news tonite (Wednesday), as they interviewed us while we were in our pose.

3 comments:

Jon said...

your picture made me laugh to myself for quite a while today!
Its very risqué!

Jon said...

PS. your re-enactment was very cool though. I'm going to try to remember to watch the news tonight!

Ceramic Matters said...

Great Fun ! We had a chuckle . . .